Monday, June 27, 2016

Foster pups #1 and #2

A few weeks ago a post came across my feed from our favorite Dog Rescue that we brought Juno home from 8 years ago. I've always kept up on their happenings. I love animals but we just know that at this point in time we aren't ready to take on anymore pets. So I saw this post about how they had a lot of puppies they were rescuing and could use a few more puppy fosters!  After a quick chat with Peter to make sure he was on the same page, we signed up! 

Right away we started getting some emails about puppies and within 2 weeks we were getting our first little house guests!  We thought we were getting a 3 month old sheep dog but it got changed the day before to 2, 6 week old doxie/lab puppies!  Yay!  

I was pretty excited to go pick them up and bring them to our home where they would be staying for a week!  First things first, after the initial excitement of them meeting the kids was getting them into the bath because they were covered in fleas. 



They were so adorable, little Gemma and Jax! 


The kids loved them and they did great surrounded by the craziness of our kids! 


Little Miss Gemma was a huge snuggle bug! 




Jax was also a super sweet little boy! 






I loved all the puppy snuggles I got, it's good therapy! 



The kids loved helping out with them and walking them and feeding them.  We had a blast with them this week! 


I was actually really surprised by how hard it was to give them back.  I definitely attached in a week with these little guys.  They were super sweet little pups!  But we really are not ready for another pet and they had families within hours of returning them to the rescue so all is well!  And lucky for me, before we could even get home I had another email about our possible next foster so hopefully we will have another puppy or two to love here soon! 

0 comments: