Thursday, April 5, 2012

37 Weeks 1 Day

We are "full term" in this house! It's been quite the ride, but wow, what a relief to know that baby SHOULD be healthy at birth and we will hopefully have a very "normal" birth experience this time! So nice to know, barring any unforeseen complications that I won't need to have a room full of people there for respiratory support when this little one makes his or her arrival!

I had my 37 week appointment today. Not much to report at all. My doctor and I were both just thrilled that we've made it this far! I haven't made very much progress since last week, which is just fine. My doctor is thinking I will probably make it to 38 weeks but we're not sure since I am just getting to a full activity level now. She also is guessing that this baby is already considerably larger than Eli was - oh boy!

I don't think I have really mentioned it on here, but now having a second pregnancy we are really beginning to think more and more that Eli is quite the little miracle baby. Eli never really moved around much at all. I just figured that was normal, but now that I have a baby with a normal activity level, I would be seeing huge red flags by how little he moved around. Also, after Eli was born we found out that his placenta was not formed properly - hence his low birth weight and possibly why he struggled so much when he was born. I feel very strongly that he was struggling the whole pregnancy and it may just be for the better and a miracle that he came out early so he could thrive.

So that's where we are at! I am very happy with how far we've come and I am LOVING the freedom to move around again! Peter did a great job of doing the basic housework and taking care of the kids while I was down, but it is nice to get in and do some of the other things that there just wasn't enough time to in the hours he was home to accomplish! The house is getting clean and I'm moving around as much as I can and enjoying these last days or weeks with my family of 4!

1 comments:

Platinum Rose said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you were able to make it this far! What a relief!