Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sick week!

It is nice to see a new week beginning!!! We had a very crazy and disorderly week this past week. Monday I went to work and had my normal "Monday Morning Feeling" as I call it. I always have an upset stomach when I go to work on Monday mornings, I think it is because I don't drink enough water on the weekends so my whole body gets messed up over the course of the weekend. Usually as I drink water at work and eat during breaks my stomach begins to feel better. That was not the case this past week. By my second break at 9:00 I was not able to eat anymore and I decided that if I did not feel better by lunch then I would go home. Everyone kept telling me "are you feeling okay? You look a little pale?" Now I hate how people say this. It is a way of telling me that I look like garbage!!!

So I was feeling worse by lunch. I knew it was time to go home because I knew I was going to be having some trouble. Peter was at home for the day (He had the holiday off work) and I joked with him how I was just desperate to get to spend the day with him so I did what I had to do. To make the story short and not so graphic - I got sick - I got really sick. And because of this I need to take a moment to pause here: I am not pregnant. I cannot tell you how many people have called me or asked me this past week if I am pregnant and I just want to clarify for curiosity's sake that I had the flu - not morning sickness.

I took Tuesday off of work too and I literally spent the whole day sleeping. I slept terrible Monday night. I can say with all of the aches and pains my back has had over the past couple of years, I have never experiences pain like I had Monday night! I couldn't take anything for the pain because I couldn't keep anything in my stomach. Peter was a real lifesaver that night. He got up at 2 with me and rubbed my back when I had tried so many things and nothing would relax my back. I was able to relax eventually and get some sleep.

This week has been a long week of recovery. Today is the first day that I feel 100% again. I am glad this week is in the past!!!

Tomorrow begins 4 tens for me at work!! We have been waiting for about a year to get to do this so it is very exciting. No more work on Friday's for me!!! (At least we hope, overtime will be on Friday's).

So that is it!!! School is still going, work is still going, we're still going. Not a lot to say, but the flu that seems to be hitting everyone has finally hit our house!

0 comments: