Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Ayla at 4 Months





Baby Ayla is already 4 months old!  4 months old is just about my most favorite phase ever!  I love that they are still snuggly but also start developing personality.  I still get some snuggles here and there with Ayla but she seems to be developing early and wants her independence so she seems to much prefer rolling all over and even scooting all over the place! 







Even though she's got impressive lil thighs, she's still a peanut weighing in around 13 lbs (24%) but that seems pretty consistent and even a little bit bigger than Sabrina so I'm not surprised.  She's doing great with nursing now even if it still seems like that's about all I do all day.  When she hit a bit of a rough patch with sleep we decided to give her a bit of oatmeal and that did help through that phase.  We are definitely in the "let them eat at 4 months" camp and so far she has tried avocado, sweet potatoes, and peaches.  So far peaches have intrigued the most interest from her but that's no surprise to me because I loved peaches while I was pregnant!  





Sleep has been interesting this month.  She's still super easy to get to bed at night and is going to bed between 8-9 every night.  The challenge has come in keeping her asleep.  That 4 month sleep regression is no joke!  She has been napping in her own room and tends to sleep better in her crib than her bassinet so she kind of forced the transition even if I didn't mind her still being in our room.  With her rolling all over the place she has discovered tummy sleeping, along with her thumb so she is a tummy sleeping, thumb sucker now!  She goes down super easy and self soothes with her thumb but her early development is kicking our behinds and she ends up rolling all over her crib and scoots herself to corners which means multiple times a night she is waking up crying.  So this is a new phase we are working through but as with every other sleep issue we have had with her, this too shall pass! 







In fun stuff, she is babbling all the time now and giggling and really interacting with us now.  It's a fun phase for sure.  She's grabbing toys and playing in her jumperoo.  They really do grow up and change so fast! She's gone on lots of walks and loves being outside.  As mentioned before, she put her feet in the sand at the beach for the very first time, celebrated her first St Patrick's Day, tried food for the first time, played in her jumperoo for the first time, discovered her thumb and is a rolling pro!  Definitely a big month of development! 










Little Miss Ayla, you continue to delight us!  You are adorable and fun and we all love playing with you!  You certainly are growing and changing so fast.  You don't listen when I tell you that I want you to stay my little snuggly baby a bit longer. I have a feeling there might a trend with you of wanting to grow up a lot faster than I want but I promise I won't hold you back!  You are so incredibly loved and we are so grateful for every day with you! 





0 comments: