Monday, November 18, 2019

Hello in There!

Hello Smalls!   How is it going in there?  I'm feeling a bit nostalgic as we reach the end of this journey together and as sad as I sometimes feel about this chapter ending, I know the best part is yet to come! 

I still sit here and marvel at the amazing blessing and miracle you are in our life.  A year ago, I wasn't sure if we would ever get this experience again, so sitting here now with my big ole belly and feeling you move inside just amazes me. This pregnancy journey hasn't been an easy one and we've faced some challenges but I can never really complain because this journey is something that I am humbled and so grateful that I got the opportunity to have (again) when so many women I know are still hoping for this.

So I sit here now, likely in the very last days that I will ever be pregnant.  It's a mix of emotions because I haven't particularly enjoyed pregnancy this time but I have loved feeling you wiggle and move and knowing that you are healthy and hopefully quite happy in there.  In all honesty, as ready as our home is for you, we have lots of diapers and wipes, everything is set up for you, bag is packed,  I have this giant belly, and yet it hasn't hit me that we are bringing a baby home, potentially in hours if you decided it was time!  I know the second you are in my arms that reality will hit very quickly.  And I can't wait.  You have the most excited group of siblings I have ever met.  They've been so eager to meet you and I can't wait for that moment that they get to come in and see you for the very first time.  You are gonna be one lucky kid with those big brothers and sisters. 

So sweet baby, we will meet face to face so very soon! I can't wait to learn about your personality because you've been something else on this journey these last 9 months. I can't wait to find out what our little gender tie breaker will be.  I honestly have no clue or guess at this point as I've gone back and forth so many times and I love that every tech that has tried to take a peak (including our doctor just 2 days ago) has not been able to find out!  Everyone in that delivery room is gonna be just as surprised as we will be!  I look so forward to that moment that you are put on my chest and I know it will make every moment of this several year journey to you so worth it!  You are our latest miracle and I am humbled and so incredibly thankful that God has given you to us!  So I will see you oh so very soon, and I can't wait for us to get to know each other and have the huge privilege of being your mama!  You are so sooo loved and there is an army of people eager to meet you!

0 comments: