Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wallowa Lake

Between a very busy schedule and my computer somehow deleting ALL of my pictures from this vacation, this one has taken me awhile to get posted. But with all that being said, fortunately between text message pictures, pictures I'd posted to facebook, and collecting the rest of the families photos, I can make this post! 

All that to say, over the Labor Day holiday we scheduled a fun vacation to a place that I have lots of fond memories from in my childhood. It was a long drive day for the kids but they were troopers and a couple of fun stops along the way made it even better!

   

But finally we were there. I think I was probably around 10-12 the first time I went to Wallowa Lake and it has been 11 years since my last trip there, but really not much has changed. So it was fun to just relax and unwind as a family for a few days before the total chaos of fall set in.  Between fishing (not a single bite) first time on horses for the kids, lots of runs for treats and ice cream, introducing the kids to geocaching, and a gorgeous day on the mountain peak it was fun for all of us! 



 


 































It really was a fun and simple vacation, just what our family needed before we burst straight ahead into the chaos of our fall schedule and a busy time at work for Peter. I am grateful for any opportunity we have to get out of town and spend time together as a family and it was really cool to be able to create some memories with my kids at a place that I have several memories from. The kids are already asking when we can go back! 




0 comments: