Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Malachi's 12th Birthday

Somehow we are moving right along into the next phases of parenting, leading us all the way up to having a 12 year old. I officially feel old and like I have a big kid with a couple more joining him on the horizon! I have to say, I am enjoying this phase a lot more than I ever thought I would. Big kids are so much fun! They're sarcastic and funny, I see their independence and responsibility growing! We have great conversations, we find more things we have in common and I love exploring their differences and all the things they're into. I am actually really looking forward to these teenage years with them! 

So back to Malachi's birthday!  First stop with him was to look for some new video games.


Second stop was a big ole steak lunch!


He also had an adorable little tag along for his celebration!


Snacking on steak in the car


Got some new gear for his favorite teams!


And then a few games


And fun presents


and ice cream cake with trick candles


He also celebrated with a little birthday party







Malachi, you are growing into quite the amazing young man. I have so much fun with you and love chatting and hanging out with you. You're teaching me more than I ever thought I needed to know about sports but it is fun to have someone else in the house to watch games with!  You are the most loyal fan to all of your teams and I hope someday they will be good and win it all for you! It is fun watching you grow in your hobbies and also grow in responsibility. You are still the kindest human I know and you seem to know anybody and everybody and everybody loves you because they see how amazing you are!  I cannot believe how fast 12 years have gone but we want to soak up these next few years with you before you start stretching those wings out to fly more and more! You are so loved and such a blessing! Happy 12th Birthday! 




 

0 comments: