Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Day in the Life - Part 6

Here we are at Installment 6 in this series. So hard to believe that we started doing this every 6 months 2 1/2 years ago.  It is one of my favorite things to document because day to day life changes so much from month to month.  

If you want to take a walk down memory lane with me, here are the past posts:


This will probably be more of a "picture" post that a writing post because life is too busy for me to keep exact track of everything anymore.  But we'll give this post a try!  

7:15 - the boys are up and IN our bed. I have no idea what time Malachi came in but Eli joined the crew around 5:00 and Malachi beat him.  I slept pretty much wedged between two little boys and their kicking feet.  Fun times.  Since this has become a nightly occurrence for us, I make them sit on the bed and watch cartoons on the Ipad while I get ready for the day.   


                                                          Then it is time for breakfast!


Once I get the boys settled and run around doing some morning chores I get Baby Bina up.  She is such a delight to get to say hi to every morning!


                                              Then it is breakfast time for the little love!


                                                            And diaper and clothes!


And picture and clothes time for the little one who LOVES having his picture taken these days!



                         Look at that adorable dress!  Love having a girl to play dress up with everyday!


                           
                                        And another diaper change (or two or three in there too)


                                   And I always have phone thieves.  If it isn't one, it is another!



And after a lot of playtime and wrestling, it is finally lunch time!  No pictures of Bina, but I promise she got lunch too!


                                                                     Then it is naptime!
                                                                      Sleeping angel #1

 
                                                                   Sleeping angel #2


                                            And sleeping angel #3. They are all so precious!


      Then I get as much work done as I can before the first little footprints come running down the stairs!


   Figure this is as good as time as any for my little helper to help me put another piece of our new patio furniture together.


My little helper and the new table we put together!  (And seriously, look at how old this kid is getting!  Not fair!)


Then lots more playtime. The boys rotate back and forth between Bob the Builder fixing things and Fireman Sam putting out fires.


                                                             Eli joins the party!


                                                               And then Miss Bina


And then starts the most hectic portion of the day - dinnertime.  No pictures to document that part of the day.

And before long we find ourselves back outside, doing what we've been doing for a few weeks now.  The yard is a huge project and we are trying to get as much done as we can on these warm summer days.  Peter is working hard on what will become our new retaining wall and patio!


And then lots of time to burn some energy outside for the boys!  Our yard, while a huge mess to me is a perfect little boy play area.  We have the biggest sand pit in the city, tons of dirt piles and even some gravel piles.  Fun is to be had everywhere and nightly baths are a requirement.


                                              Malachi tells Daddy how to get it done right!


                                                        And plays and plays and plays



                                   Eli also plays and they both love to help in any way they can!


Bina hits the hay around 7:30.  Bummer I forgot to get any pictures of my princess.  Guess that is life as the 3rd child ;)

 And before we know it, 9:30 rolls around and it is well past time to get the boys in the bathtub and to bed.


 
                                                            Even time for a manicure!





And then it is time to tuck the boys into their beds and listen to their sweetest little prayers before we pray over them and give lots of hugs and kisses.  I admit, life is challenging.  These kids take a lot out of me and constantly refine who I am.  But at the end of the day, as tired as I am, I always find it hard to say goodnight to those precious little faces and look forward to seeing them again early in the morning, usually when their feet are in my face or ribs!



0 comments: