Saturday, September 18, 2021

Nearing the End

Well, I officially feel like the end of this pregnancy is just about here!  I am both excited to meet and find out who this little person inside of me is and also a little bit (or a lot) nervous about giving birth and post partum. But nothing compares to the joy of meeting your baby so I know I will be just fine and have nothing to fear.  

Here is my 30 week comparison picture of all 4 pregnancies. I always feel like my belly is running bigger each pregnancy but when I compare them the last 3 have all been about similar. Which makes me think it might be a girl. But then again, I feel like I am carrying lower than I did with the girls and slightly different so maybe it's a boy. I honestly have no good inclination at all this time, and that keeps this fun! 


Also at 30 weeks we were able to go get a 3D ultrasound and this kid was by far our most cooperative baby. In general it has been cooperative so I hope that lasts after birth!  I even comment that while the kicks are hard, they don't feel aggressive and constant like the girls were. It's more like they're polite and baby is just trying to get comfy.  But back to the ultrasound, the baby just hung out and let us spend 25 blissful minutes watching it sleep.  It would yawn and try to suck on its toes as they floated by.  The best part is that while baby was sleeping, everytime s/he heard a sibling make a noise it would stir.  So cool to see how even in the womb this little one kind of interacts with them!

Instantly I thought this little one looks a lot like Miss Ayla!  It had its cord laying across its neck and its feet laying off to the left side. 


Sweetest little smirk! 


Sleepy baby 


And here I am at the beginning of Month 8.  


We finally agreed on names so we have that squared away. Of course I keep suggesting new names just in case but Peter is pretty set on the selections (and I've ordered name plates so....) We have started washing the clothes and setting things up! Trying to figure out where to put everyone in the van. The girls felt the baby hiccuping the other night and it was the cutest watching their reactions.  They love feeling the baby move and can't wait to have another baby in the house to love. We all talk and dream about who it will be and whether it will be a new brother or sister, and who gets to hold him or her first. This baby is already so loved! 

Overall I am feeling really good at 34 weeks!  I think I have definitely hit the nesting phase so I have more energy than I feel like I've had the entire time! The baby isn't up in my ribs so I can breathe and while I have had bouts of it hanging out in my pelvis and having SPD pain which I've never had before but all I can say is OUCH!  Right now baby is being super cooperative and I am enjoying all the kicks and wiggles and energy I still have.  I think the hardest symptom at this point is achy hips and reflux that makes trying to sleep awful.  It is definitely the beginning of the end as I am not sleeping well but so far I am thankful that most days I am hanging in there energy wise.  My GD is starting to flounder just a little bit (as expected around this phase) so I am on low morning dose and low evening dose of meds which kind of sucks because I have to keep a close eye and my numbers sometimes tank really fast. I am glad Peter is home this time just in case I need him! I am still controlling it better than I did last time, but my doctor confirmed that I will be inducing early because of it.  So the countdown is definitely on now!!!  I can't wait to meet this little one and I can't believe we are getting so close to the end. I am trying to soak up all the good times, get the house prepped and anticipate who this sweet little one is going to be!  I know this remaining time is going to go sooo fast and this sweet little baby is going to be in my arms soon! Yay!

 

1 comments:

S said...

You're in the homestretch -- so exciting!