Sunday, March 20, 2022

Life at 36

 Well life just keeps moving faster than I ever could imagine it would.  I am now moving towards the back end of those 30's.  What do I think about life at 36?  I feel like life is passing really quick. I just want to soak up every second I can with this family I have right now because while it is crazy and chaotic, I love this life!  It is richer and better than I ever thought it could be!  The 30's are where I feel like we really hit our groove and got to a point where I feel like we are living the very best days of our lives!  We have a house full of kids of all different ages and stages, we are happy in our marriage, Peter is cruising in his career, life just feels really nice!  

I won't say that year 35 was easy by any means, in fact there were lots of challenges and it was probably one of the harder years overall.  We had to grow in our faith more than once! But there was also so much good. It was a year where life was still slow and simple and we focused on building relationships inside our home.   I was blessed to carry another baby and welcome our 3rd son into the world!  I have grown and been stretched as a person and our family has navigated through quite a few hard life events and grown through it all.  

 I feel so immensely blessed!  I know how fortunate I am to get to live the life I do.  I also know the life I live wouldn't be for everyone.  But for me, it is perfect and challenging and exactly what I feel God called me to be.  I look forward to continuing to be "mom" to these kids and have many areas I want to grow this year. I know there are areas I need to let go of and push my focus into the things that make the most sense. Life is very busy with 6 kids and I cannot do everything I want to do. But I am figuring out what matters most and have some ideas of the things that just don't work right now in the time I have. 

All in all I am just so thankful.  I have it so good and I am thankful for every single person who makes my life richer! I definitely realize the older I get what matters most. I look forward to focusing on family time and memories with these growing kids, enjoying some hobbies as time allows like cooking, scrapbooking, house projects and self care in the form of devotions, exercise and maybe a bubble bath with a book here and there! God has been so good to me! 

1 comments:

S said...

Happy Birthday! It's interesting to read your thoughts on turning 36. I turned 36 in 2007, and a few days later, I ended my engagement to one man and then met my now-husband several months later. I was VERY far from having a houseful of kids or a fully settled life.

It's so interesting how we each arrive at different stages/phases of life at different times. I am now 51 years old (today!) and a married mother of twin 10-year-olds. My life is very different now than it was at age 36!

Glad that you are enjoying your life -- that's awesome!