Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 In Review


I've seen 2016 was a hard year for so many, and I have to say it has been a challenging year for us too. I'm not really sad to see it go, but as I take a moment to look back on 2016 we've also had several memories of good to get us through. So here's a photo look back on 2016 for our family. 

We started the year with Malachi's first basketball season 


We also snuck away to the beach for a quick weekend away


Eli turned 5


We celebrated Valentine's Day with our sweet kiddo's!


We got to head up to Seattle for one of our favorite weekends away for the Refresh Conference! 


Peter surprised me with a fantastic weekend away to Whistler for my 30th Birthday! 



And I got to cross something I've always wanted to do off my bucket list! 



We celebrated Easter 


Malachi turned 6 


Sabrina turned 4!



The kids finished another school year, and Malachi graduated Kindergarten! 



I crossed another item off my bucket list by visiting New Orleans! 



I also crossed a few new states of the list with Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama and a fun day trip to Pensacola Beach in Florida! 


Then another school year began! 




The kids had a blast as the big summer project was completed! 
 


We also started a fun journey in fostering puppies, with over 20 coming through our home before the year is out! 


We made lots of fun family memories all summer long! 


And not so fun memories, like our first ER trip with a baby girl and a 106 fever (she had strep and an ear infection. 


Peter turned 30! 


And soon after LB turned 2! 


And we celebrated our first milestone anniversary with 10 years of marriage! 


We also crossed the first child surgery off the list this year, something I don't care to repeat anytime soon. 


ALL the kids finally cooperated for family pictures! 



We had a fun labor day away to Coos Bay with the kiddo's! 



Another soccer season started and the boys were superstars! 


Halloween was adorable! 


And then the crowning jewel of the year as we went on an incredible trip to Jamaica to commemorate that 10th anniversary and renew our vows! 


We also went away for a long weekend to Eagle Crest and had some fun with the kids at the beginning of December. 


And we've had more snow already this year than we knew what to do with, and lots more it seems is in the forecast. 


And last but not least, we had a fun and very busy Christmas! 



Yes, there is still so much to be thankful for in a year that was not my favorite. We've made fantastic memories in some new and fun places and the kids have grown so much and remained healthy.  I think we've proved we can make the most of a cruddy year but I sure look forward to even better times ahead in 2017! 

0 comments: