Monday, November 19, 2012

Parenting a 2 Year Old!

Being the Mommy to a 2 year old is an interesting challenge.  On one hand I now have this child who is fully potty trained, who can totally feed himself, and communicate with full sentences.  He can pick up the toys (when he wants to) and help me do simple tasks for his little siblings.  He constantly cracks me up with the sings he says and the things he does!

On the other hand, I have a child who is discovering independence.  One who's favorite word is "no".  A child who absolutely, no matter what I cook for dinner refuses to eat it.  Who will ONLY eat Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for lunch and loves nothing more than to try and order me around all day!  He's a constant ball of energy that does not stop moving all day long and moves from one activity to another and on and on and on!


It feels like a constant juggling act to figure out where to allow independence and where to pull back the reigns a bit.  I admit that it is all still a work in progress as I often make mistakes and am learning how best to parent this phase myself.  The best I can come up with for this age, is that it sure takes a lot of praying and a lot energy! But I am so thankful that I have been given this challenge - not to mention I get to do it again - make that at least twice more!  I can't wait to see where all this little firecracker of a son goes in life!

0 comments: